Tuesday 10 October 2017

LandLubber


Work started on Landlubber, which was called pirates code at the time. Since the film was greenlit, I managed to get together a lovely crew together formed of Connor Schrader my producer, Chandani Parekh my scriptwriter, Cerys Mees lead background artist and last but not least Ourania Markou my character designer. It is not a very big group, but we are getting on well. The first thing I did was to go and create a post on the Actors page to get voice actors (see figure 1), I ended up getting much interest of people, even people who were not at the university, but were on the voice acting group.




We decided to come up with a new name for the film, as the current name Pirates Code just wasn't working. So we came up with LandLubber.Which we found out means: A person unfamiliar with sea or sailing! 
 It fits brilliantly with the film, as it's about a pirate learning to swim! in a children's swimming class. 





I am currently working on editing the script I wrote over summer, with Dani who has helped to add a better flow to the story, together we came up with a better script. Alongside i have done some research on water seen in animation and backgrounds using watercolour (see figure 2-5).

I also created an Instagram account for our group (see figure 6).

No comments:

Post a Comment