Thursday 23 November 2017

SoundLists & ColouredSlice


Dani, unfortunately, has decided she is not up for co-directing anymore, as she wants to focus on what needs for her showreel, so she is working more on her other 3D projects and taking a step back, and just working on backgrounds if needed. I understand why she’s coming from, but it is still a bit last minute to do that to us. I’m just gunner carry on and try my best, it is all I can do. We were still struggling with storyboarding and since Ourania had finalized our character designs, and she had the best grasp of how they moved extra, I roped her in to help out with the storyboards, so our designs would be more transparent in the animatic.



As we were struggling a bit Connor set up a meeting with Derek and Andy, to help us out and they told us to look at more gags which weren’t useful, as I had already looked at so many, and it was hard to find new gags, the meeting was sort of helpful, but not really just felt like they hated on anything we did. But I decided to go and work on the Script to adapt it to the changes we came up with after the meeting, I also booked out the dubbing theater, create sounds for our animatic (see figures 15/16) this would be the fourth time I have had to create a sound list for the animation. I have also made a start on the test shots, and so has Connor, however, he’s not used TVPaint for a while, so I’ve had to teach him TVPaint as we go.


Despite this the coloured slice is coming on along nicely, I had a checklist (see figure 17) for our test shots to make sure we were on track and had 30 seconds and a slice like we needed. We also made a checklist (see figure 18) for the different changes, that would take place in the scene, with Ourania’s help to work out, different pacing. Another thing I had to do was to create a small PowerPoint for getting crew and Musician, for the film, I could have made a better PowerPoint (see figure 19) if we had more concept art by then, however, we didn’t have much as we have been focusing on the story and the test animations the most.



No comments:

Post a Comment